Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s panel, Ari and Tessa.
- We kick off the episode by looking at composition API.
- Side effects and collisions one can expect when using Composition API.
- How composition API can solve mixin problems.
- Hear about the process behind conflating data with filtering.
- Ari tells us about a foot gun, and why they ought to be avoided.
- The best ways for users to start learning composition API.
- Find out what is exposed by the composition API.
- Parting thoughts from our panel.
- Hear the team’s picks for this week!
- “Composition API is the ability to share features across different components in a way that's modular, but in a way that also, you can maintain and track.” — @enjoythevuecast [0:03:23]
- “In components when you have so many features that it's hard to tell what's talking to what anymore, this is really where people start to want to break things apart. This is where composition API can shine.” — @enjoythevuecast [0:07:28]
- “Just because you can use a tool, it doesn't mean you should.” — @enjoythevuecast [0:22:26]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: