Key Points From This Episode:
- Brief definitions and an overview of how the team thinks about Teleport.
- Identifying some common points of confusion around teleporting on Vue.
- Thinking about problems from the inside out and the issue of multiple destinations.
- Styling using Teleport; which parts determine the style?
- Helpful notifications around completed tasks and the time this can save.
- Considering the variety of Teleport use cases and which make the most sense.
- Some important details about Tessa's talk at VueConf Toronto in November.
- Using portal-vue on Vue 3 and why this can still be useful.
- New additions and disappearances in Vue 3 and the reasons for the changes.
- Ben's early experience of Teleport so far — things that have him excited about Vue 3.
- Today's picks from Tess, Ben, and Ari!
- “I think of Teleport as a way to decouple a piece of the template from a component in a single file component and basically tell it where to show up on the actual page.” — @enjoythevuecast [0:00:36]
- “I’m just basically trying things out and figuring out how Teleport works based on what's not working in all those experiments.” — @enjoythevuecast [0:02:46]
- “You can send multiple teleports to the same destination, but it's still technically multiple points of origin, not a single point of origin.” — @enjoythevuecast [0:20:08]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: