[00:00:50] Ben starts things out by telling us he’s always trying to hack on new technology methods and trying to keep up with new libraries getting released, so he asks Ari and Tessa what would be their first instinct to learn about Vue 3 Teleport? Tessa’s answer is the BEST!
[00:04:31] The topics of comments, context, and conference talks are discussed here.
[00:11:00] Ben asks Ari when she starts getting into the deeper level things, the written piece, what are some things she finds that have been helpful or things that have not worked when she reads blog posts or those kinds of things? Tessa has some things to share as well.
[00:18:40] Ben asks Ari and Tessa when it comes to learning new things, are there things that they have come across, whether it’s writing styles or talks and are there things that get in the way of your learning?
[00:24:00] Tessa brings up something in animation called “Onion skinning” and she explains what it does. Ben talks about writing and how it’s a difficult skill which most people don’t have a lot of training in.
[00:27:57] The panelists all discuss language in writing code and how the intent is to make something less intimidating, but it frustrates people sometimes.
[00:33:01] Tessa tells us a great story here about some advice she got from a product manager she met. Ben also has a great story and advice to share.
[00:38:35] Tessa mentions Linux and included language and how it is hard to figure out how to sign up for it, but there is a website that will help you which is linked below.
[00:39:15] Tessa talks about learning journeys and how everybody’s situation is slightly different. Ari mentions how it’s a very important skill being able to teach a concept as well as to be able to give constructive feedback.
Picks of the week:
• [00:42:07] Ben’s pick is a book called, Originals, by Adam Grant.
• [00:43:10] Tessa has three picks: Bad guy but I’m the good guy so I play it in the Major Key by TheDreRock (YouTube), What Voice Acting in Anime Is Like by Joe Zieja (YouTube), and “Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects” by Dr. Barbara Oakley (Coursera).
• [00:44:52] Ari has no picks this week since she was on vacation for two weeks and her sleep schedule is really messed up so she can’t remember anything she did this week.
- Inclusive Speaker Orientation (LFC101)
- "Originals" by Adam Grant
- Adam Grant
- bad guy but i'm the good guy so i play it in the Major key by TheDreRock (YouTube)
- What Voice Acting in Anime Is Like by Joe Zieja (YouTube)
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by Dr. Barbara Oakley (Coursera)