We kick off the first episode of our official first season with Stephanie Slattery, a front-end engineer who specializes in accessibility. She breaks down the world of accessibility, giving you the perfect introduction to this topic. She explains the five categories of disabilities, shows us how to implement suggestions from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and shares why she’s so passionate about helping more people experience tech.
- Digital Ocean (sponsor)
- MongoDB (sponsor)
- Heroku (sponsor)
- TwilioQuest (sponsor)
- ADA 1990
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Dev Bootcamp
- An Introduction to Web Accessibility (Stephanie's Blog Post)
- WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Codeland, CodeNewbie's conference - April 21 and 22 in NYC
- Codeland Conf
- Codeland 2019
Stephanie Slattery is a web developer who specializes in front end, accessibility, and user interface design. Stephanie develops web apps for a variety of gaming groups in the Chicago area and comes to the world of programming via Dev Bootcamp from a psychology and physics background.